Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Don't you feel special now??? You get more than one blog in a day!!!! So today is my 28th Birthday and it looks like it will be a good one. It started off rough with all the craziness at work, but it is turning out to be a good day up to this point. I have had LOTS of LOVE thus far and only know more will come ;) (I have yet to see Chad today) Lots of text messages, emails and VMs, including some of Chad's family, I feel sooooooo LOVED!! I was asked this weekend at church, what I needed in my life?? (As part of our sermon) I said nothing. Which sounds weird to say, if you just read the question, but in reality of it, all of my needs are being met at this time and if I do "need" whether it is emotional, physical, financial or mental, I know it will be met. Sure there are some things I would like to have, such as being debt- free (which thanks to BAYLOR, will be a ways off) and a new car. But I dont NEED anything except to continue to search for God and live his will. This is such a good place to be right now. Many of you know that it has been a long road and I am soo blessed to be in a place of PEACE. Therefore, my wish for this year, is to remember where I am and to continue this place of PEACE even when my storm seems bigger than God.

One last note that I did not get to blog about and to save you from 3 in one day, I want to share the following. My grandfather (my dad's dad) finally had a come-to-Jesus talk with my dad. This has been a long prayer coming. I have not had a relationship with him and neither has my dad, however my grandfather has been sick and my dad was able to go visit him and they had several good talks and my grandfather talked about the things he missed in our lives. Where this has come late in life, I pray that we will have opportunities to reconnect over the coming years. At least now I can stop trying to figure out what I did wrong in all this. Many of you know the struggles I have had with this side of the family and where I know they will never be what I would like, I can at least start to build some sort of relationship with them. Ok...enough for now.

It is time to head to the Cheesecake Factory to continue to celebrate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment