Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Conclusion to the Birthday :)

So I had a few hours to kill before I went to dinner and because of traffic, I chose to go shopping instead of going home and back. I found some great deals at Target, therefore, if you love target clothes, they are having some great sales!!! Newho, the food, the drinks, the company and the cheesecake (because cheesecake needs its own category, outside of food) where fan- fabulous, the service on the other hand was not so great!!! For some strange reason, The Cheesecake Factory was the place TO BE last night (they all came for my BDAY :)), and I think they were short staff, so we had a bit of wait, which was not a big deal, we had drinks and chatted. Then we were sat at our table...then it began, the ATTITUDE and the eye rolling. The server was not very nice to us and actually seemed perturbed....she was not at all convivial ;)!!! I would be more willing to take the attitude if we were loud and annoying, but we were polite and nice, so I have no clue what it was about. It put a little damper on our evening, however we did not let it get us down. I wanted to talk with the manager, so my plan was to call this morning...but...as we were leaving...I saw a young man that looked so familiar to me!!! After a few exchanges of questions, we realized we went to High School together and he was the manager on duty that night!!! So we had him take a pic of us and then I was able to share my experience with him. He was very apologetic and told me he would make it up to us the next time we came in. Believe me, I will throwing his name out the next time I come in. I love the Cheesecake Factory and will not let this one server get me down. This was not at all like the Wal- Mart situation, but it does make me wonder what has happened to customer service. This is something I have noticed over the past few years, the policy about "the customer always being right" has been lost somewhere along the way. I do believe that this on the part of both the consumer and companies. I do not know how this can be fixed, but I do know its only going to get worse if we don't share our experiences with each other and management. I believe that you should share both positive and negative experiences that we have. I try my best to be a good customer and to state my frustrations productively as oppose to the rudeness that can so easily happen when one is upset. After all, I have worked customer service and know what it is like to be in the cross fire of a customer and very rarely does one get positive feedback. So with all this being said, I want to encourage you all to be willing to share the experiences you have with management and everyone you know, but if you have to complain, make sure it is productive despite the feelings behind it. I know this can be tricky, but if we all try to help, then maybe just maybe, we can get back to good customer service. Anyway, enough of my SOAP BOX. To sum things up, I had a GREAT BDAY, despite the state, the morning frustrations and the server. I will get to relive some of the BDAY with co- workers on Thursday which will be Fabulous, cant wait!! WOOHOO for bdays!!!

Oh yeah...I also got diamonds from Chad!!! Yes, I was very spoiled this year :) I cant wait to see what 2009 brings us :).

No comments:

Post a Comment